Tuesday, September 22, 2009

day 25 - don't judge me

today started out really-really slow.
took the dog out, went to work, no one came in.
slow day slow day.
then Carol left at like 12:00, her cousin died of cancer. i said "have fun" on accident. i don't think they were close though... i hope not.
:<

about an hour after she left and my grandpa was just finishing his "meal" [he gets a bagel, everyday. EVERY DAY] 9+ groups of 2 came in. and many singles. it was insane. since i don't know how to make drinks, and i am not allowed to make sandwiches[idk why? maybe they think idk how wtf] Kristie, my co-worker, had to yell to me how to make the drinks as she was making food. she also had to tell me prices because we had to ring them up fast. i didn't have time to look through the stuff.
it went- not smoothly- but it went. we finished.
i made half my paycheck in one day.
it was so nice.
i like work.
i like money~
CC:

but my buzz was quickly ruined,
my good day turned into shit.
and it started with my grandma judging me, again.
"you look so nice, you fit into south dakota so well. you got rid of that plastic hair. no makeup, the clothes, your tan. if only we could fix that hair color~."
i wanted to smack her, how dare she.
not really, but i was angry.
and YES how dare she.
she didn't know it was fake when i came, she commented on how fast my hair grew. and no, it's not plastic. i use real human hair only. my clothes look like shit, i am selling them all when i get home. just like how i bought them all right before i came. i hate blue jeans, i hate having my hair up. i hate not wearing makeup. and i HATE that you talk like this to me.
i am NOT myself here, i am miserable. so fuck you.
keep your mouth shut. plz plz plz.
if she read this she'd yell at me.
mom, i don't say this to her. i get it out here
<33

after that i went to the kennel, and i almost cried.
10 cats are being put down.
or at least 3 of them are, the other 7 it depends if their owners come back for them or not.
if they do- they will need to be treated for ring worm. highly contagious and very time consuming to cure.
as for the other three, about the size of my hand.
not even a month old.
and they're being put down.
because they have ring worm.

and one other kitten, she is too sick. while the other cat, who is hairless, has the same illness is not. because she is hairless and interesting.
while we have many kittens already.

it sickens me.
i don't think i can handle working there anymore. now that i am apart of the inner workings. and don't just go in- walk dogs- leave.
it's so difficult for me.
i will never go to a kennel when i have the ability to home animals.
i would take them all.
and Aoi wouldn't like that.

plus i can't do much, the dogs and cats hit my hand. and it hurts. a lot.

when i got home i went to dinner with the grandparents.
a steak house.
they serve only on meal there, a steak, a potato, a piece of bread, and a "salad"
the salad is a chunk of lettus, with house dressing. no choice.
you choose how the stake is cooked, and how big it is.
that's it.
wtf

but i got a virgin margarita so i didn't mind.
i only ate the stake and the bread.
it was yummy.

that's all for today.
no pix.
i wanted to take pix of the cats so you could all cry with me.
but she said she didn't want record of the cats because she'd get shit for putting them down.
well you SHOULD.
these cats are not things.
they have lives.
and they are lives worth saving.
>X

2 comments:

  1. That's exactly why I could never be a vet. For so long I thought that would be the perfect job for me because I love animals. But I wouldn't be able to like, put them down. I'd want to keep fighting and fight a way to keep them alive, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know exactly what you mean, i could hardly handle keeping a straight face while i held my dying prince.
    it was the hardest thing i ever did.

    ReplyDelete