Saturday, September 19, 2009

day 22 - i went to the ER

the morning started well, really well. i walked/ran to the vet. to get Ejote her rabies shot. she also took a dewormer pill, and they gave me a stronger anti-bactiral pill for her face. she takes pills really well, and took the shot really well. she has a little problem sitting still, i think it's because she's not around people all the time. i can't wait until i move out so she can be. i feel bad leaving her out there, but i get so tired i need to nap during the day. and work. and volunteer. i still give her a lot of attention, just not enough for what she wants.
i will, someday.

i went out to the humane society after, there were three other volunteers out there today. none of them were any help. i mean, yes, they did some things. but it was more work for Steff to tell them what to do than to do it herself.
i was sad because i knew i was that way when i started, too.
but not anymore~
she told me to tell them what to do, so she could continue working uninterrupted. it was funny to me, i'm pretty sure some of them were older than me.

at around 2 i was coming back inside from the outdoor kennels, i pulled the door to close to behind me and felt a sharp jolt of pain from my pinkie nail.
i turned around, wondering what it was, and saw that it was nothing. literally.
no finger nail, at all.
Photobucket
of course, me being me, i took a picture.

Steff drove me to the ER since i didn't know where it was, she just dropped me and went back to the kennel.
my grandma met me there, we thought i'd need a shot. but i had one in 04 so i didn't need it, thank goodness.
i would have rather ripped off another nail, to be honest.

i don't understand my fear of needles, i think it's the air bubbles that scare me most.

Photobucket

they just wrapped it in band-aids, i wont have a pinkie nail for months. maybe up to a year. or it might never grow back.
i'll put a tattoo on it if it doesn't.
that'd be funny.
hahaha

i went back to the kennel for a little bit, then left because things kept hitting my "nail" and it hurt. a lot.
it doesn't hurt if nothing touches it, but if it does.
:<

of course, the main reason i went back was for my nail.
:333
and i found it.
Photobucket

hahahahah!

i went to the fair after, to help Gale[sp?] again. it was really slow.
she sold half a dozen things, which was pretty good.
Photobucket

and i bought a ring.
Photobucket
to make me feel better about my disfigured hand.

i wouldn't have bought it otherwise, i think. because i hate spending money.
i also got mom's present.
i hope she likes it.
no pix because she reads this.
she might be the only one.
:<<

i made cookies, or am in the middle of baking them.
the first batch was perfect.
i literally picked them up off the pan to put them on a piece of parchment paper to cool.
very nice.

2 comments:

  1. Charlotte, where do you buy your clothes? I mean, the kind you really like to wear, not the toned-down kind you say you've currently been wearing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i the dress with the white tutu like thing i got at CharlotteRuse, i mainly find things at a lot of stores. they randomly have elegant adorable things.
    and internet shopping, asian sites.

    ReplyDelete